Yoga has been part of my life and my lineage since before I can remember. I am of North Indian heritage, where yoga is known to have originated. My grandmother and mother first introduced me to yoga as a child, and I grew up going to classes in a temple and community center. I am a highly trained alignment-based hatha yoga teacher with specializations in trauma-sensitive teaching (with a focus on mental wellness) and a particular interest in yin, gentle flow and restorative. My approach to yoga is heart-centered, alignment focused, and to promote safety in the body to explore new avenues of awareness. I have been practising yoga for over 17 years and teaching in a variety of settings since 2012.
Here is a brief breakdown of my yoga related professional experience:
Highlights of Qualifications
There have been multiple studies about the economic benefit of yoga for companies. Here is one link of a published study: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/221928051_Implications_of_Corporate_Yoga_A_Review
Here is a more general article about the benefits: https://www.business.com/articles/6-ways-yoga-can-improve-productivity-at-work/
My greatest joy and passion is to support you in taking your health and wellness goals to the next level and provide incredible lasting holistic value in the time that I share with your company.
The truth is that feeling good in our bodies and minds has positive repercussions for everyone - and naturally boosts your bottom line. Many of my clients have experienced great benefits personally, financially and socially in their health and their work.
Deep bows to some of my many wellness teachers over the years:
- Ava Stone
- Katie Brownhill
- Jot Prakash / Rhiannon
- Ilya Parkins
- Dr Divi Chandna
- Lori Pinnell
- Samara Lewis
And of course bowing to the teacher within all of our own hearts.
My valuable workplace services, including yoga and meditation classes, consulting and wellness workshops can help remedy and address the following issues:
- anxiety, stress, and insomnia
- burn out, feeling overworked and overwhelmed
- significant health issues arising for employees
- high turn over of staff, feeling unfocused
- lack of retention and poor recruitment
- lack of emotional awareness and social skills
- HR team building challenges, disputes, and misconduct
- interpersonal bullying, and communication challenges
- stagnancy, low morale, growth challenges
- lack of clear communication and rapport between executives, managers, and employees
- political or interpersonal 'drama' within teams and outdated leadership hierarchies
- lack of social emotional skills and self-regulation tools
PROVEN BENEFITS OF YOGA AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS AT BUSINESSES
Holistic Qualitative Benefits of Workplace Yoga and Meditation